Business law, general commercial law, employment law, disputes, trademarks & copyright, marketing & advertising, media & ofcom compliance
Reina D'costa is a dual qualified (UK and India) solicitor. Reina is highly recommended with testimonials and known to find the best solutions with business acumen. Her niche area is Media law where she has helped TV channels launch on Sky platforms and manage their contractual and Ofcom regulatory obligations including acquisition of EPG slots with clients such as Jus Punjabi, Lyca and Athavan TV and past experience at Zee TV but she can handle all types of routine legal work. She has a good rapport with Governing bodies like the Office of Communications (Ofcom) and the Advertising Standards Authority and CAP and BCAP Codes , is well versed with advertising law and product placement.
She is also available for outsourced in-house lawyer work and is experienced in the provision of in house legal services.
She was voted top 3 connected women in her sector by Linkedin 2015
Practising areas :
1) Contracts including commercial, IP , employment and corporate contracts like shareholder agreements , with product and service providers
2) Compliance with sales, marketing, Ofcom and advertising regulations and trading standards
3) Redundancies and employee protocol including grievances, maternity, policies
4) Visa requirements for employees.
5) Advising clients on bribery and corruption regulations including sales staff policies
6) Trademark strategy including filing under the Madrid protocol and copyright and trademark infringement claims.
7) Litigation and investigatory work
8) Company secretarial support and corporate restructuring.
9) Vetting company lease documents and tenancy issues.